IF you already have a mobile barcode scanner that is compatible with our software, the following steps explain how to install our Finale Data Collector software on your scanner.
Please review the quickstart guide for setting up your scanner.
The quick start guide has instructions on how to proceed. Review the steps below if the Barcoding link above does not get you up and running.
Once the Finale Data Collector software is installed and running on the mobile scanner, there is no need to connect the dock or the scanner to a Windows PC. The software will sync to Finale Inventory over WiFi. If you buy a mobile scanner from directly from our partner, Barcode-Arena, they pre-install the software for you so you will not have to have a Windows PC. Finale Inventory and the mobile barcode solution work perfectly in a Windows or Mac PC environment.
1. Install Windows Mobile Device Center(WMDC) on your Windows PC. This program is not available for Mac PC. Finale Data Collector is an independent program that runs on the mobile scanner and must be installed over the USB connection while the mobile scanner is docked, using the WMDC connection.
Download it here:
2. IF you are running Windows 10 you must install this helper/fix file so that WMDC will work correctly with your PC
Download this file, save to your desktop, right-click and select "Run as Administrator" (once Complete, Restart the Computer) - https://drive.google.com/fi
3. If your scanner is not connecting to WMDC, Disable Advanced Network on the scanner.
4. Connect the scanner to the USB dock, wait for WMDC to show it Connected.
5. Download the Finale Data Collector software to the connected scanner.
6. Sync with your account via USB or WiFi.
To sync the scanner over the USB connection, from the Finale Inventory home page, click on Barcode Scanning, Connect to docked mobile scanner, then click on the green button that says Connect to your scanner.
IF you get an error message stating you do not have the mobile scanner integration installed, from the Finale Inventory home page, go to Add-ons & Integrations, then click on the Actions menu in the upper right, Install mobile barcode scanner integration.
VERY IMPORTANT - You must remove any cell phones that may be plugged into any of your PC's USB ports. These types of devices will prevent Finale Inventory from communicating with the mobile barcode scanner. IF you have any PHONE device plugged into a USB port on your PC, please remove it and see if it resolves your problem.
IF you still have issues getting the scanner connected via the USB dock/cradle, and you have WMDC running and open, try to RESET the Mobile Scanner Pressing and holding the W key and C key down and while holding those two keys down, press and release the Red power button.
Then Dock the scanner and it should connect.