This STEP is OPTIONAL - please proceed to the next step if you are NOT an eCommerce business or do not use Barcoding features.
When you are selling products in different marketplace (e.g. Amazon and eBay), you may be forced to have different SKUs that correspond to the same product. As you sell on more marketplaces, the management of the marketplace SKUs become more complex, and many attempt manage this complexity with Excel worksheets. Finale Inventory handles this with a couple mouse clicks and allows you to properly keep track of your inventory.
In addition to creating aliases (product lookups) for your Product IDs, you can also import any UPC/EAN barcodes that you already have that correspond to a Product within Finale. This is only necessary for barcode scanner users and POS users, unless you also sell on your marketplaces using the UPC/EAN as the product identifier as well. In the instructional video, we refer to the Product Lookup as a Scan Key. These terms mean the same thing within Finale.
Create your Product Lookups/Scan Keys
Using excel (or any other spreadsheet application), you'll need a minimum of two columns -
Product Lookup and Product ID. Packing is optional.
- Product Lookup: This will be your marketplace SKU, UPC, EAN, marketplace bundle/kit SKU, or serial number/lot ID (note, serial number requires the use of the column "Lot ID" on the import as well)
- Product ID: This is the corresponding Product ID within Finale. The product lookup equals the Product ID. Finale will automatically make the connection that the marketplace SKU really means the Finale Product ID and track the inventory correctly.
- Packing (optional): This is entirely optional. If you have a product that is sold as a pack, but you want to track the product individually, you can tell Finale that the case SKU equals the Finale Product ID times the quantity. For example, if you input 12 for packing, Finale would know that when the Marketplace Case SKU is on an order, it really means 12 of the individual product
Once you create the spreadsheet, you can upload it under the product lookups tab in your inventory section choosing "Import Product Lookups" and paste the spreadsheet into the box.
*Note: There are additional optional fields in the product lookups import that can be added to your spreadsheet.
- Lot ID: This can be used to map a specific scan key to a Lot ID or Serial Number. One use for this would be customers that have items that have the Serial Number barcode already on the item. Finale can recognize this barcode to mean that Product ID and corresponding Lot ID/Serial Number
- Notes: This can be used for any notes you'd like to add to that specific lookup. For example, if it's a Walmart SKU, you can put "Walmart" in the notes so you will know that this alias is for the Walmart marketplace.
- Stores to add/remove: This is where you tell Finale whether or not to PUSH the stock levels back out to your marketplaces. How to connect a product Lookup to a marketplace Store for stock level pushing.
Here is a sample Product Lookup Import Template.