*Please note, if your mobile scanner app is titled "Finale Data Collector" you need to update to the newer version of the scanner software.
These instructions are for installing the latest version of the Finale Inventory mobile scanning app software on a Windows Mobile OS based scanner using a USB connection between your Windows OS based PC and the mobile scanner. Use these steps if the Finale Inventory scanner app has never been installed on the Windows Mobile OS based device.
Note: There is a WiFi Syncing enabled version too! In order to use it, you must first follow these steps to install the software if it has never been installed before.
Finale Inventory HIGHLY RECOMMENDS using Google Chrome 64-bit as your browser.
Finale Inventory offers a comprehensive out-of-the-box barcode solution to increase warehouse productivity
and inventory counting accuracy. The system is designed to be a turnkey solution and may be installed without
a team of expensive integration consultants. Getting the system set-up and running is quick and simple.
Be sure to visit the Video Tour page for more How-To videos on using the barcode scanner solution
Scroll down to the Mobile Barcode Scanner Operation section.
Here are the Barcode Scanner Hardware minimum set of requirements.
BEFORE CONNECTING SCANNER TO PC
VERY IMPORTANT - You must remove any cell phones that may be plugged into any of your PC's USB ports. These types of devices will prevent Finale Inventory from communicating with the mobile barcode scanner.
Make sure you make the following Windows Mobile OS scanner setting change BEFORE you connect the scanner to your PC via the USB Cable or USB Docking Cradle. IMPORTANT CONFIGURATION SETTING!
If the mobile barcode scanner integrations has not been added to your account, Add the integration - From the Home Screen, Quick Links - Go to Add-ons & Integrations
- Go to the Barcode Scanning screen
- Click on Connect to Docked Mobile Scanner Button
- Add Google Chrome Extension
- Install the Finale Inventory Windows Application(MSI install package)
- After you download the .msi package you must click and run it to install it to your computer. Accept all the defaults.
- Plug scanner into PC – Windows loads drivers
Watch this video to see how to Connect to Scanner and Install Finale Datacollector software
Learn about the Finale Data Collector Software Settings to customize how the scanner behaves
Important Finale Inventory scanner app Settings - USB version(not Wifi)
- After installing the Finale Inventory scanner app software, Go to the Settings Menu from the Main menu. Use the More button to advance to the Settings options.
- Make sure you set the value for Upper case conversion: to a value of "No" if you are using any Product IDs or Sublocation names with lower case values. This will prevent the Scanner from Automatically converting any lower case values that you may scan in a barcode to upper case, before it does a lookup for that value.
- Make sure you set the value for Hide case button: to a value of "Yes" if you are not using the Case stock or do not plan on using case quantities or packing options for stock level storage.
Using Finale Inventory scanner app
If you have successfully installed your mobile scanner and the Finale Inventory scanner app software, and are wondering how to Receive a Purchase Order Shipment or Ship a Sales Order Shipment with the barcode scanner, make sure the following conditions are true in order to see the transactions on your scanner. For Purchase orders and Sales Orders to be synced to the scanner the following conditions must be true:
1. The Status of the order must be "Committed" 2. The PO must have a Destination Location or the SO must have a Origination Location selected. 3. The Order must have at least one product id added to it with a positive order quantity(not zero). 4. The Order must have not been shipped complete. There must be items left to ship. If the Order has all of it's items shipped, there is nothing left to pick.