YES! Finale Inventory has a fairly sophisticated feature for managing Landed Cost.
This feature is centered around the purchase order feature and specific application settings and preferences you must configure.
Finale Inventory will help you allocate costs you incur when receiving items into inventory from a purchase order shipment.
You can allocate the costs based on four different allocation methods.
- Order Item Quantity
- Order Item Weight
- Order Item Subtotal
- Order Item CBM*
- Order Item Equal Distribution
*In order to use CBM method of allocation, you must first enable the CBM fields in Application Settings and make sure that your product ids have a per-unit CBM value.
How to setup Landed cost or cost allocation:
- Go to Application Settings, Purchasing tab
- Click on the Discounts and Fees on the left
- Create a cost/fee Name for collecting the cost for a charge you incur on a purchase order
- Select an allocation method
- Use this cost/fee on a purchase order
To view your landed costs for your items on the purchase order, from the Purchase order detail screen, go to the Actions menu, choose the Customize this screen menu item, and scroll all the way to the bottom of the field list. Put a check in the visible box, save changes, and return to the Purchase order detail screen using the back button.