Finale can be configured to email reports to distribution lists on a schedule. You can set up email schedules by following the steps below:
Go to "Integration" and click on "Add New Integration"
Select "Add Email Connection"
Click on "Add Report Task"
4. Click on the "Edit" link to configure the first email schedule.
5. Configure the email report tasks.
Task Run Mode
This setting lets you determine when an email will be sent.
- Disabled: This setting turns off the email connection.
- Manual: The email report will only run when you manually run it.
- Various intervals: The remaining settings allow you to select when Finale will send the email report.
This field allows you to change the report's label or display name.
- Select report to email: In this setting, you can choose which report to send. Please note that the reports must exist in the "Reports" section.
- Select format: You can choose the format of the report using this setting. Common formats include pdf, xls, and csv.
6. Create the email distribution and content.
As a final step, you need to decide on a distribution list and create the contact information for the content. It is similar to composing an email on Gmail or your email provider, except for the following differences:
- For each field except emails, open and closed parenthesis and/or quotes are required when using formulas
- If you want to send it to more than one person, separate each one with a comma.
When you finish composing the email, click the "Preview" button to confirm there are no errors.
Email Attachment name formula examples:
Formula value: join(["Report", lookup("printDate")],"_")
The file name will be: Report_6/21/2023
NOTE: the slashes "/" in the date are not valid filename characters for most computers so you need to remove them. See the formula below.
Formula value: join(["Report", replace(lookup("printDate"),"/","-")],"_")
The filename will be: Report_6-21-2023
You can substitute any value for the "/".
Formula value: join(["Report", dateFormat(lookup("printDate"),"YYYYMMDD")],"_")
7. Select the "Save Now" link located in the upper right to save your changes.