Finale has the ability to save multiple custom views to quickly cycle between useful views on various list screens. This article will walk through how to create and edit a custom view.
Custom Views are available to all users, and any changes made to a preset will affect all users on the account, however, the user permission "Update Custom Views" is required for any user to make changes to a custom view.
In this example, we will be using the Stock view to demonstrate screen presets.
Selecting, Creating, and Editing Custom Views
- Use this drop down arrow to display the list of custom views, select a view, and to make any changes to new or existing views.
- Use this to create a new view. The new view will automatically be created using whatever filters and columns are already being displayed. If no changes were made, it will be a copy of the standard default stock view.
- Use this to initialize the edit column mode (Click here to learn more about column customization)
- Use this to save all filters to the view. This includes searches, locations, category, and any other "more filter" values.
- To rename the view, or delete it, use the 3 dots next to the view to bring up the sub-menu and choose the desired function. WARNING: Deleting a view will delete the view for all users on the account.
To learn more about column customization, visit this page.