Finale Inventory is a web application that runs on your web browser. Some of the inventory computations it performs are complex, so your computer must meet a minimum set of hardware requirements in order to allow Finale Inventory to run smoothly and without perceived slowness.
Like all web applications, Finale Inventory is continuously communicating with our servers to download and update your inventory data, so a good internet connection with enough bandwidth and without connectivity issues is also a requirement.
If you experience slowness while using Finale Inventory, please verify you meet the following hardware and software requirements:
- Computer requirements: Intel Core i5 processor with at least 16GB of RAM memory
- Operating system requirements: Up to date operating system (minimum Windows 10 or recent versions of macOS).
- Internet connection requirements: Broadband internet connection with good connectivity (without frequent disconnection) and minimum speed of 10 Mbps. You can take a speed test to verify your current actual internet speed.
- Browser requirements: latest version of Chrome, or Safari. Check this article to verify you are running an up-to-date version of Chrome.
In addition to meeting the minimum hardware and software requirements, sometimes other software running on your computer might affect performance. So if your computer and/or Finale Inventory still runs slow despite meeting the minimum requirements, please also consider the following:
- Browser extensions can degrade performance of any application running on your web browser. Please try disabling all browser extensions. Please check this article to find out how to disable installed extensions on Google Chrome.
- Browsers are continuously saving data to a storage area known as the cache. Sometimes this becomes a problem that can slow down your browser, so it is recommended that you delete the cache storage of your browser if Finale Inventory is running slow. Check this article to find out how to delete the cache storage on Chrome.
- Anti-virus software can also slow down your computer, especially while performing a scan to find viruses. Please consider disabling your anti-virus software temporarily to find out whether it might be impacting performance of your computer.
- Are there more users in your Finale Inventory account? Are they all also experiencing a poor performance or slowness?
If after verifying all the suggestions mentioned above Finale Inventory is still slow for you, please get in touch with support, so we can investigate further. You can contact us by emailing email@example.com.