We recommend that customers that wish to keep track of damaged inventory add an additional location with a sublocation only for damaged goods.
Create Damaged Warehouse Location and Sublocation
- Click on "Application Settings" in the top right corner.
Add a separate location and sublocation. For our example, the warehouse will be called "Damaged"
Verify Integration Settings (for E-commerce customers only)
- Go to Integrations> Edit integration task: Push stock levels task
- Verify that the Damaged Warehouse is NOT selected as a stock source if you choose to NOT include damaged inventory in your stock push
- If you would like to include damaged stock in your stock push you can include the "Damaged Warehouse" as a stock source, similar to the below screenshot
Transfer Damage Inventory through Stock Transfer
- Use this method if you found damaged inventory in your warehouse and would like to transfer it to a "damaged" sublocation.
- Navigate to the "Stock Transfer" screen.
- Create a stock transfer from an existing location to the damaged sublocation
- Enter in a note explaining the reason this inventory is being transferred to damaged. (optional)
Create a return based on an existing Sales Order
- Use this method if a customer has returned damaged stock
Click on "Returns" in the Selling drop-down menu
Click "Create Return from Order" in the top right corner
Enter in the reason for the return (optional)
Receive the return to the damaged sublocation
- If you are returning to your supplier, please see How do I return products to my supplier?