This article originates from the following larger help article: How to configure the QuickBooks Online integration Please visit this link if you have other QuickBooks Online integration questions.
- You must have Administrator access/privileges to your QuickBooks Online account in order to connect it to Finale Inventory
- Your QuickBooks must not be using Inventory item types for tracking their POs and SOs.
- If you do not have any inventory items in their QuickBooks, you are good to move forward
- If you have any Inventory items that match any current product ids in Finale Inventory, they MUST be deactivated. IMPORTANT: When you deactivate a QuickBooks Inventory item, QuickBooks will CREDIT their Asset account and DEBIT an expense account, thus removing asset value from their QuickBooks! This will need to be put back with a journal entry made manually from the inventory value in Finale Inventory if you are NOT pushing from the beginning of time as the Filter start date. If you use any value in the Filter start date field that is NOT from the beginning of when you started using Finale Inventory, you will need to make the manual journal entry to get the beginning balance of your Inventory asset account for the day before the Filter start date.
- Make sure no other third-party software is pushing new Products into your QuickBooks. These may cause collisions and duplicate items or warnings and prevent our data from syncing.
- DETERMINE THE INTEGRATION Filter start date - This will be the date Finale Inventory will be syncing all transactions from Finale to QuickBooks.
NOTE: There will not be any account/ledger balance transaction created by Finale Inventory. Only incremental transaction entries from the as-of-date forward. If you want the Inventory asset account balance in your QuickBooks to match what Finale Inventory’s inventory asset account balance states, you must review the Finale Inventory Asset account balance for the date before the Filter start date. The balance of the inventory asset account should be used to calculate a journal entry for your QuickBooks inventory asset account balance to make it equal to the value of Finale inventory. The journal entry in your QuickBooks should be made for the day before the Filter start date in Finale’s QuickBooks Online Integration setting.
IMPORTANT: Filter start date must be after the QuickBooks close date if their books are closed.
- Average cost and valuation must be established for the Filter start date and forward before you activate and enable the integration to push data to your QuickBooks Online account. The average cost must be established for all items in Finale Inventory. Do you have your average cost step up correctly?
- Make sure you do not have any negative QOH
- If pushing revenue you must have Invoices being created for all sources that you want to sync from the Filter start date forward. Make sure you understand if you are wanting to see sales from eCommerce sources from Finale Inventory go into your QuickBooks they will be individual invoices. This means if you have 5000 sales orders in a month in Shopify, there will be 5000 invoices synced from Finale Inventory to your QuickBooks.
- IMPORTANT: Please make sure you make a complete backup of your QuickBooks Online account prior to enabling the integration on your Finale Inventory account. Once Finale Inventory begins to sync/push transactions into your QuickBooks Online account there is no undo or bulk cancellation/reversal ability. The backup will provide you with recoverability if you make a mistake.