This STEP is OPTIONAL - You may proceed to the next step if you do not wish to create custom fields for your Product IDs at this time. This may be done at a later time. However, if you intend to import values for fields that Finale Inventory does not have, you must complete this step before you can proceed to Step 6. Import & Create your Product Ids.
Once you have setup your Facility, and before you import your Products IDs, you should create and add any Custom Fields that you may need for your Products (Size, color, UPC, etc.) Application Settings>Product Tab
- UPC is a very common custom field. If using UPC codes and our barcode scanner solution, your will need to import the very same UPC value, using a secondary Product Lookup/Scan Key import, in order for Finale Inventory to be able to associate the UPC with the Product ID in Finale Inventory. See more information below.
- Note: Pricing fields for selling your products located in a different area, and are generally not put in a custom field.
- Custom fields can be defined as a Text field, a Date field, or a Picklist Field.
- Custom fields can created for displaying on the screen in different widths.
- Using a Picklist type of Field, allows you greater control over the possible values that your custom field are allowed to contain. If the value is not in the “list” it will not be allowed as a value. It also will prevent any unlisted values from being imported into that field. You must populate the list values before you can import any of the values into that field. Values must be one per line. Only one value can be selected.