This STEP is OPTIONAL - You may proceed to the next step if you do not wish to create Sales Orders at this time. This may be done at a later time.
- Sales orders can have one of four different status’ or states
- Editable - Draft - no effect on stock levels
- Committed - On Order - Available Quantity Decreased by order quantity
- Completed - All Sales order activity is done. This Status WILL NOT Ship or Pack the Shipment!
- Canceled - Cancels all Sales Order Activity including Shipments previously shipped.
Use the Filter drop-down to select or filter the Sales Orders in the view.
Life Cycle of a Sales Order
- The sales order status represents the overall status of an entire sales order. The sales order status does not have a direct effect on stock levels. In particular, moving a sales order to the Completed status does not update stock levels (since stock levels are updated by packing and shipping sale shipments). The sales order starts with the Editable status which is equivalent to a draft status. In this status all fields on the sales order are editable. From the Editable status, the sales order can be moved to the Committed status. This is not required (a sales order can have shipments created and shipped against it, or have shipments cancelled(deleted) or be marked with a Completed status, even while still in the Editable status) but is useful to track which orders are still in the process of being created vs which orders represent firm commitments to customers. Items on sales orders in the Committed status are treated as Reserved and affect the remaining after reservation and available to promise quantities for the location selected as the sales order origin. When a sale is finished the sales order can be moved to the Completed status. As mentioned above, this does not affect the quantity on hand in any way. Moving a sales order to the Completed status removes reservations for any items on the sales order that were never shipped. A Sales order in the Completed status do not appear by default on the Sales Order View screen, that lists all sales orders, but changing the filter on that screen to include Completed sales orders will show them. A sale can also be deleted using the Cancel order menu item on the actions menu of the sales order detail screen. This changes the sales order to the Canceled status. As a side effect, it also updates all shipments for the order and moves them to the Canceled status as well (which means any modifications to stock levels from those shipments are voided). An order in the Canceled state can be moved back to the Editable status, but any canceled shipments will remain canceled and have to be recreated.
Import Sales Order Headers
Create/import SO headers – Home>Import & Export>Import to batch create & update sales
Import Order items into the Sales Order
Create/import SO Line items – From the SO itself, Actions menu>Import order items
Ship Shipments Against the Sales Order
Shipping shipments against SO decreases stock – Picking an Order - The sale shipment represents a single shipment for a sales order and moves through a life cycle starting as Editable, going to Packed (if required), and then to Shipped. At any point, a sales shipment can also be Canceled which voids any modifications to stock levels made by the shipment. A Shipped sale shipment can never be reverted to a previous state - if you need to change a shipped a sale shipment then the shipment must be canceled and replaced with a new shipment using "Add new shipment" menu item on the sales shipment screen. An Editable shipment starts out with no shipment quantities for any products and can't be packed or shipped until it contains at least one non-zero shipment quantity for a product id, and sub-location. The Update shipment to match order action (blue link in the middle of the sales shipment screen) will add shipment quantities for all products in the order that haven't yet been shipped based on the stock levels on hand at the sale shipment location. Once ready, the shipment can be moved to the Packed status or the Shipped status. The Packed status is not required unless you pack a shipment in advance of shipping them to the end customer. For example, if you typically pack palettes and then store them for days or weeks before loading them on a truck you would probably want to use the Packed status. If you typically pack cartons and immediately send them via a package delivery service you would probably want to just move Editable shipments directly to the Shipped status. Move the shipment to the Packed status using the Pack shipment button. This will ask you the date the shipment was packed, the number of boxes in the packed shipment, and the sub-location the packed shipment will be stored at. The sub-location entered becomes the packed sub-location and the status will change to say something like "Packed 10/12/2014 (2 boxes at M1)" where M1 is the packed sub-location. Once a shipment is packed and before it is shipped, it can be transferred to another sub-location using the Transfer shipment button. This will update the packed sub-location for the shipment, and maintain a record of all the sub-locations the packed shipment was between when it was packed and when it was shipped. Move the shipment to the Shipped status using the Ship shipment button. The Ship shipment button is available for shipments both in the Editable status and the Packed status. Stock levels for items on the shipment are updated effective the date the shipment is packed or shipped if not using the Packed status. Stock levels for items will also be updated for Packed Shipments that get Unpacked. There is now a button on any packed orders labeled "Unpacked shipment" which prompts the user for the date and then puts the items back into stock at their current packed location.
- If you are shipping items with Lot Ids or Serial Numbers, Best Buy Dates or Expiration Dates, you do this on the shipments.
- There is a Plus sign that you click to expand the rows on the shipment, and add a row for each specific Lot ID, or serial number.
- Choose sublocation to pull/ship stock out of inventory
- Add LOT Ids/serial numbers/expiration dates at time of shipping all into the LOT ID field
Importing a Sales Order Shipment
Partially Shipped Shipments
Picking Partial Shipments – Action menu Add new shipment