Finale allows for a user to add custom fields to your Customer table. Custom fields can be added to reports, print documents, and various screens.
To add custom fields, navigate to your Application Settings, and then to the Selling tab.
- This is the name of the field
- This is where you choose the Custom Field Type (Text, Pick List, Date)
- To add new fields, just start typing in the next blank row. Finale will automatically add additional lines as needed
Custom Field Type:
Finale allows 3 different field types.
- Text: This is an open field that allows ANY value.
- Pick List: This is a drop down type of menu field. The values must be input BEFORE you upload your data into the customer's table. Any value that you try to upload that is NOT defined first will be ignored by Finale
- Date: This is a standard mm/dd/yyyy formatted field. If you are using a date, we strongly recommend formatting it as a date field instead of a text field, that way if we attempt to run a report in the future pulling from this data, it will all be formatted correctly and filterable.
- Custom fields can be created for display on the screen in different widths. 2x and 4x just means twice as wide or 4 times as wide as a standard field box.
- Using a Picklist type of Field allows you greater control over the possible values that your custom field are allowed to contain. If the value is not in the “list” it will not be allowed as a value. It also will prevent any unlisted values from being imported into that field. You must populate the list values before you can import any of the values into that field. Values must be one per line. Only one value can be selected.
Useful Custom Field Suggestions
- Contact name
- Credit terms
- External id
- License or Regulatory fields
- Sales Person or Rep