Read me first
There are two basic versions of Android Operation systems you will find on a mobile scanner device running Android:
1. Android - Has Google Play store
2. Google Enterprise - No Google Play store
If you purchase a device that has the Google Play store on it, you may easily get the Finale Inventory application by opening the Google play store and searching for Finale Inventory, and clicking on it.
It will download and install the latest version for you. In the future, you can return to the Google play store app on your device to check for updates to our program and update it very easily.
If you purchase a device that does not have the Google Play store on it, you will need to download the Finale Inventory app .APK file to your device manually.
Follow the BOLD Instructions and videos below for specific installation and update scenarios.
There are three basic methods for installing the Finale Inventory App on an Android device:
- Log in to the Google Play store, search for Finale Inventory, and Install
- Manually use a web browser and go to our direct software download links, download the .APK file, and install it yourself
- Manually use a web browser and go to apkpure.com > search "finale inventory" > open the app's page > download apk & click the download to install (the device may prompt you to "allow installation of apps from unknown sources" - you will enable this in the device settings/security) > click install, done.
Follow the BOLD instructions below for more detailed instructions.
If you purchased a mobile scanning device from our hardware partner, Barcode-Arena, and you used one of the links that had the Finale Inventory logo or you used the PROMO CODE: finaleinventory4life at checkout, the Finale Inventory app should have already been installed on your device for you. Go find it and run it and follow the setup and configuration instructions here.
Here are alternate links for the latest version of the Finale Inventory Android OS app:
1. INSTALL ANDROID SCANNER USING GOOGLE PLAY STORE
Instructions for Zebra TC56 or TC57 or Symbol TC55 or any device that has the Google Play store on it:
- Find the Google Play store app, launch it, and search for the Finale Inventory app
- Install the FInale Inventory app
- Configure the app per the instructions here
Watch a video on how to install using Google Play Store:
2. UPDATE TO THE LATEST VERSION OF ANDROID SCANNER NO GOOGLE PLAY STORE - MANUAL DOWNLOAD/INSTALL
Instructions for MC40 or Google Enterprise device without the play store and the Finale Application is already on the device, but you need or want to update it to the latest version:
- UPDATE TO THE LATEST VERSION - NO GOOGLE PLAY STORE START HERE:
- QUIT and exit the existing Finale Inventory app if it is running. From the main menu go to More, More, More, More, QUIT.
- Click the home button.
- Click the Android Settings button.
- Scroll down to Apps
- Find the Finale Inventory app and click on it.
- UNINSTALL the Finale Inventory app - NOTE: You will lose all Finale Inventory App scanner settings. Make sure you know what your settings need or are currently set to so that you can set them back up after the new updated version is installed.
- MANUALLY INSTAL without Google play store - NEW INSTALL START HERE:
Go back to the home screen and open the web browser app on the scanner or device.
Go to this web address/URL: https://tinyurl.com/v12187
- Once it downloads, DO NOT CLICK ON IT. It should go to the Downloads folder on the scanner or device. CLOSE THE WEB BROWSER. Click the home button.
- Go to Apps on your scanner, and find the yellow square with a white folder icon for the File Browser app on the scanner or device. Run it.
- Navigate to the Downloads folder, find and open the .apk file that was downloaded. Make sure if you have more than one .apk file there that you are running the latest version. CLICK and hold your finger on the file and choose File information if you need to confirm or remove old versions.
- The Finale Inventory application should install
ALTERNATE INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS:
- From the device's web browser, go to apkpure.com > search "finale inventory" > open the app's page > download apk & click the download to install (the device may prompt you to "allow installation of apps from unknown sources" - you will enable this in the device settings/security) > click install, done.
Watch a video on how to manually install the app without using Google Play Store:
HOW TO UPDATE TO THE LATEST VERSION - BOTH METHODS
Watch a video on how to UPDATE the Finale Inventory Barcode scanner app to the latest version:
Article is closed for comments.