There are thousands of devices that run Android OS and we cannot possibly test them all. The purpose of this list is to provide users with a reliable reference source to know which devices will work acceptably with our Finale Inventory barcode scanning application and which ones to avoid.
This list will be updated as frequently as is possible but do not think that if you do not see a device on this list that it is automatically good or bad. Please send device compatibility inquires to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have purchased and tested a specific piece of hardware devices and have found they work great with our Finale Inventory Barcode Scanning Application, please forward detailed information of what you are using and how you use it, and we will add it to the "User Tested and Approved" list below.
Also, if you have tested devices and found them not acceptable we would like to know the details of those too!
Officially tested - Recommended
- Dedicated Scanner Hardware - Built-in laser
- Chainway - C6000 - Has Google Playstore
- Symbol - TC56 - Has Google Playstore
- Dolphin CT60 Handheld - Has Google Playstore
- Works for smaller deployments - 10K SKUs or less 3000 Orders per month or less
- Symbol - MC40 - Google Ent.(no Playstore)
- Symbol - TC55 - Has Google Playstore
Not officially Recommended, but may work just fine
- Android OS Phones and Tablets
We do not officially recommend any Cell phone or Tablet device. Use at your own discretion. While you can use Phones and Tablets, they only have a built-in camera for capturing a barcode. This tends to be very slow, clunky, and frustrating. You can improve the performance and acceptability by using a Bluetooth linked/paired barcode scanner
Note: When pairing a Bluetooth scanner to a phone or tablet you may lose keyboard functionality.
- Samsung A10e - SM-S102DL -
Hardware version: REV1.0
One UI version: 1.1
Android version: 9
Baseband version: S102DLUDS2ASJ1
Kernel version: 4.4111-16498318
Build number: PPR1.18D610.011.S102DLUDLUDS2ASJ1
Samsung A10e - SPECIFIC model SM-A102U - From AT&T - - Must replace Samsung onscreen Keyboard with GBoard(Google Keyboard) to work properly
Samsung S10 - SPECIFIC model SM-G973F - Must replace Samsung onscreen Keyboard with GBoard(Google Keyboard) to work properly
Samsung Note models - - Must replace Samsung onscreen Keyboard with GBoard(Google Keyboard) to work properly
Bluetooth linked Scanners to Android OS Devices
These devices require you to have an Android OS scanner, phone or tablet to connect/pair them with.
- Symbol/Motorola - RS507
- EYOYO - EYOYO-R30 1D or 2D
- Symbol/Motorola - RS507
Officially tested - Working with noted exceptions
We do not recommend this unit but it will work.
MUNBYN - IPDA037 Industrial PDA w/NFC & 2D Zebra Barcode Scanner
This unit is very popular online but the price is normally higher than our officially tested and recommended devices above. We do not see the value in this unit but it will work with exceptions.
- NOTED EXCEPTIONS: This unit does not use a data wedge, as other more robust scanners do. Thus, you must configure the interface between their built-in scanner and the Android OS to use Keyboard mode instead of their default and preferred Scan content on cursor mode. This will allow it to interact with our application. It is just a little slower than our recommended devices above.
We DO NOT Recommend
MOST MUNBYN Scanners.
Article is closed for comments.