In order to connect your Magento 1.X store to Finale Inventory, you must go to your Magento Admin panel and complete the following:
- Create a Role
- Create a User
- Add User to the ROLE and create API Key
- Add User and API Key to Finale Inventory's Integration configuration page
- Login to the admin screen for your Magento store.
- Depending on your Magento version select the menu System > Services > SOAP/XML-RPC - Roles OR System > Services > Roles
- Add a new role for API access.
- Set permissions for the new role using the Role Resources panel. Simplest is to select All in the Resource Access selector. Click Save Role.
- Depending on your Magento version select the menu System > Services > SOAP/XML-RPC - Users OR System > Services > Users
- Add a new user for API access.
- Assign the role you just created to the user using the User Role panel. Click Save User.
- Select the menu System > Services > SOAP/XML-RPC - Roles OR System > Services > Roles
- Select the role you just created. Verify the permissions and user are correct using the Role Resources and Role Users panel.
- Create and set the API key for the user on the Role Users panel.
- Enter the base URL for your store, the username you just created, and the API key in the fields below on the Integration configuration screen in Finale Inventory for Magento 1.X:
If you get a "Problem with Magento installation" error, check our support documentation for help figuring out how to resolve the issue.