Within Finale column customization can be done on screens that contain a main table. In order to start resizing or adding columns to your main table in Finale you must be on a screen with a main table such as “Products” or “Sales.”
To resize your column width please follow the steps below.
- From the main table screens, select customize columns from the Actions dropdown menu.
- Select the divider from the right side of the column to adjust the size. Moving the cursor to the right to grow or moving left to shrink the column.
- Click and hold a column header and drag it across the divider of another column to rearrange the ordering of columns.
- You may further edit the columns by selecting the cogwheel on top of the column.
- The option to edit/remove/add columns is accessible from this menu.
Selecting edit will give you the following options
- Once you have added an empty column you may change the contents of the column via the “Column” drop-down.
- You may name the column in the “Label” field to further customize the column.
- Selecting “Expand to fill remaining space” will have the column increase in width to fill any space left over giving priority to other fields based on their starting width.
- Removing a column will discard the field from the table until it is added again.
- Lastly, adding a column will automatically open the edit menu for that newly added list, allowing you to customize that new column with all of the above edit options.